Thursday, June 18, 2015

Proverbs 3:5-6 {Think it Through Thursday I}


Happy Thursday all!
Proverbs 3:5-6 {Think it Through Thursday I} No Longer Stone

I'm starting this new thing called 'Think it Through Thursday'. Where I'm planning to go with this is on (hopefully) every other Thursday, I'll select a piece of scripture (usually a few verses) and pull it apart. This means definitions, cross-references, thoughts on it, etc. I'm really looking forward to trying this out! May God use it how He wills.

I've recently graduated from high school. Many times graduating entails receiving cards from people.
And some of those cards I received had "Proverbs 3:5-6" written in them. So, obviously my curiosity was piqued. I read Proverbs 3:5-6 and thought about what each part means. As far as I can see there's five distinct parts of the two verses.

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your paths straight."

1. 'Trust in the Lord'
Basically we need to trust Him. This goes hand in hand with Loving Him and Fearing Him. It's a respect, it's knowing He has our best interests in mind and that His will is perfect. |Isaiah 30:15|

2. 'With all your heart'
We need to give Him everything. Don't hold back. It's so easy to hold a part of yourself back and not even realize it or know what you're holding back. We need to surrender and let Him move through us and in us. Let Him have your heart and mold it and fill it with His love. |Ezekiel 36:26-27|

3. 'Lean not on your own understanding'
We don't know everything. I don't know everything. You don't know everything. We think we know all the sides of something, what we should do, what God wants, but sometimes we just have no clue. Our understanding is different from God's He is omniscient. He knows all. He is the Creator. Frankly, my understanding is so little, I'd much rather have God's understanding. |Romans 12:2 ; Isaiah 55:8-9|

4. 'In all your ways acknowledge Him'
We didn't get to this point in our walk with God all by ourselves. We aren't better than anybody else in this world. He has given us the free but oh so costly gift of salvation. Give glory to God for everything He does and as done. Give thanks! Give Him praise. Talk to Him throughout the day, see where He wants to take you. Continually seek Him. |Hosea 10:12|

5. 'He will make your paths straight'
Or 'He will direct your paths'. God rewards. He's our Father and He loves us dearly. If we hold on to Him, give Him our heart, trust Him, ask for His guidance, He will definitely direct us. It's so hard to figure out what to do sometimes, making decisions is not my strong suit. But if we lean on God and truly seek Him, He will show us the way. His way. |Isaiah 30:21|


God Bless the rest of your week!

No comments:

Post a Comment